The Maintenance Technician completes janitorial tasks, preventative maintenance, minor repairs, and apartment turnovers. As a part of the site team, responsible to ensure a high standard of cleanliness, customer service, and a hazard free environment.
1. Completes work orders in a timely and accurate manner. Cleans up after work is complete.
2. Performs repairs on the property, including painting, basic carpentry or wall repair, plumbing, and electrical.
3. Cleans apartments during turnover process, as directed.
4. Maintains grounds and common areas, including lawns and flowerbeds, shrubbery, parking areas, and trash pickup.
5. Provides on-call maintenance service, as directed. Responds to emergencies, as required.
6. Sets up conference room and community space, as needed.
7. Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
8. Advises Property Manager of the overall condition of the property.
9.Must be HVAC Certified and be able to take emergency calls.
Job Requirements :
High School diploma or equivalent required. Knowledge of basic building maintenance required either through training or experience.
Minimum of one year in skilled maintenance work preferred. Technical expertise in one or more building trades preferred. Must be HVAC Certified and be able to take emergency calls.
• Take direction from the supervisor.
• Read, write, do basic math, and follow instructions.
• Work in a collaborative manner, as a part of the site team.
• Relate professionally with vendors, residents, and co-workers.
• Communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to be flexible to change work plans.
• Maintain a professional personal appearance.
• Able to drive a car (and a valid driver’s license) to run errands, etc.
• Understand and commit to the Mission and Values of Mercy Housing.
Mercy Housing - 8 months ago