This position is a non civil service position with the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency. MDHA is an non-profit, public agency serving Nashville and Davidson County. All persons desiring to be considering for this position should obtain an application from MDHA Human Resources Division as mentioned below.
Note: No on-line (GovernmentJobs.com)applications will be accepted for this position. Click the link for employment application .
JOB OBJECTIVE: Under supervision, to do skilled work in a variety of fields in the maintenance and repair of building mechanical systems; to perform general maintenance and repair work for the upkeep of buildings and grounds of a public housing property; and to do related work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· maintains the curb appeal and safety of the property, including grounds clean-up and maintenance
· completes work orders on vacant and occupied units in compliance with policies and procedures
· performs vacant unit make-ready process within established deadlines and goals
· answers emergency maintenance calls after regular work hours
· performs quality repair, inspection and preventative maintenance for all aspects of residential buildings including: air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, lighting, smoke alarms, and electrical systems
· may be required to perform quality repairs, inspection and preventative maintenance on building plumbing and gas systems and steam pipes
· performs quality repairs and preventative maintenance to building fixtures, appliances, floors, ceilings, doors, locks, cabinetry, tiling and windows
· may be required to obtain certification for treating pest infestations in building interiors and exteriors
· performs general painting on building interiors
· assists in performing repair and maintenance on roofs, building plaster and concrete
· checks sprinkler systems for pressure and leaks
· inspects fire extinguishers
· uses supplies and materials in accordance with maintenance procedures and follows stockroom policies
· answers telephone calls and requests in a courteous manner and maintains good customer satisfaction
· complies with maintenance safety rules and procedures
· assists in the general maintenance of vehicle and other equipment;
· assists in the cleaning and storage of equipment and supplies in the maintenance office
· performs custodial duties in the Property Manager’s office;
· maintains a professional appearance and attitude;
· other duties as assigned
Hand and power tools used in painting, construction, and maintenance work; safety equipment; and other related equipment
REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED plus two (2) year of work experience in general residential maintenance in plumbing, HVAC, electrical or carpentry.
ABILITIES REQUIRED: Knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing, appliance, carpentry, painting, HVAC, pesticides and grounds maintenance; ability to use independent judgment; ability to maintain courteous communications with residents and the general public; ability to read, write and do math on a twelfth grade level; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to establish working relationships with property management and leasing staff, co-workers and residents; ability to perform general maintenance duties; must be detail oriented and must have the ability to handle multiple tasks; willingness, mental and physical ability to perform the duties involved in this classification .
LICENSES REQUIRED: Valid Tennessee driver's license . May be required to obtain Category 07 certification in pesticide application
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
HOW TO APPLY
All persons desiring to be considered for available positions should obtain applications for employment from:
METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY
HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
701 South Sixth Street, P.O. Box 846
Nashville , Tennessee 37202
Fax - (615) 780-7019
All applicants will be required to submit Agency applications regardless of whether a resume' is submitted or not. Upon reviewing all applications submitted for job openings, the Human Resources Office will notify those applicants who are selected for personal interviews. Applicants selected for a position must successfully pass a pre-hire physical examination and drug screen in order to be hired. MDHA is certified by the State of Tennessee as a Drug-Free Workplace.
THE METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND HIRES REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, HANDICAP DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
LAST DATE FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 3:00 P.M.
To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance with language interpretation:
Contact Pat Thicklin at 252-8555
Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard