Perform preventive service and maintenance to Midcontinent’s regional network.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repair to services on Midcontinent’s regional network.
• Sweep and balance the regional network to detect and/or correct imperfections.
• Identify areas in need of service and repair including, but not limited to adjustment and alignment of equipment used for signal processing, amplification, and transmission.
• Take appropriate preventive measures to repair and maintain the regional network in customer homes and commercial property from the Headend.
• Demonstrate proficiency in and working knowledge of several areas of network systems; recognize deviations and distinguish them from accepted practices.
• Repair and maintain equipment, network systems and all components.
• Ensure that all documentation is timely and accurate and in compliance with FCC and company regulations.
• Troubleshoot and repair ingress and egress problems in the regional network including, but not limited to transmission levels, signal loss, off-air interference and equipment failures.
• Maintain signal performance by proactively testing the network on a regular basis.
• Install, maintain and repair power supplies and provide splicing and activation of the regional network.
• Provide technical support and guidance by assisting with the resolution of installation or service problems encountered at customer sites.
• Install and disconnect video, internet, and telephone services in customer homes and commercial property as needed.
• Repair and/or wire cable from poles/pedestals into customer homes and commercial property; wire additional outlets as needed.
• Complete Midcontinent First Time Right certification within 90 days of hire. Consistently apply First Time Right principles in all aspects of work.
• Possess knowledge of Midcontinent’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
• Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midcontinent’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
• Produce timely and accurate daily and monthly reports.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Mentor and train new hires as required.
• Cross-train on additional services to meet customer demand.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
• Two years minimum electronics or telecommunications experience is required.
• Meets or exceeds all the requirements of a Broadband Service Technician II or equivalent experience.
• Completion of the SCTE BTS certification and NCTI Fiber Testing and Maintenance course preferred.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Midcontinent Communications will not discriminate against applicants because of: race, color, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, members or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...