We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. Maintenance Technicians assist in the repair and maintenance of equipment, machinery, facilities and vehicles on a 2300 acre farm in Kunia, Oahu. This job can include activities such as maintenance record keeping, fabrication, tractor and heavy equipment repair, and facilities maintenance. The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent, a driver's license and good mechanical experience and knowledge. A college degree and two years agricultural equipment maintenance experience is preferred. This individual will work in a team environment and must have a high level of attention to detail and be able to communicate effectively.
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of equipment, machinery, facilities and vehicles assigned to the Station.
- Assist in the Maintaining records of repair and maintenance of equipment, machinery, facilities and vehicles to meet OSHA and Monsanto standards and guidelines.
- Fabricate and modify equipment and tools to meet the needs of programs assigned to support.
- Maintain inventory of parts and supplies needed to maintain and repair equipment and vehicles assigned to the station.
- Alert Supervisors of safety issues relating to shop, equipment, tools and work area.
- Care and maintenance of shop, equipment, and shop tools required to carry out work duties so they are safe.
- Provide support for the Monsanto Station safety program by adhering to all safety policies and procedures and attending regular scheduled company safety meetings.
- Assist by carrying out other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year relevant experience required.
- Good understanding of vehicle systems maintenance and repair.
- Current driver's license.
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery and repair.
- Knowledge of safe tool use and shop practices.
- Knowledge of maintenance for shop tools, facilities and equipment.
- Knowledge of record keeping for vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair required by OSHA.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Associate's degree with 2 years agricultural equipment mechanical experience and certification in welding, air conditioning, diesel repair, hydraulics, and vehicle and machinery electrical systems repair.
Monsanto - 14 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...