Maintenance Technicians at the Muscatine Plant are responsible for safely maintaining chemical processing equipment.
Scope/ Specific Responsibilities for the Position:
· Perform troubleshooting and repairs of industrial mechanical equipment, assist in determining root cause of failure and work with engineering to develop reliability resolutions.
· Willingness to learn specific details of the plant’s mechanical equipment and work with maintenance and production to complete work both safely and efficiently.
· Attend training to increase skill level and obtain qualifications associated with the position and the maintenance field as required.
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings including P&IDs/EFDs, single line drawings, schematics, Standard Operating Procedures, etc. and the ability to accurately maintain equipment repair/modification documentation and update equipment files.
· Demonstrate attention to detail, organizational skills, initiative, and communication skills while working in a team environment.
· Mentor maintenance trainees; provide developmental coaching to peers and set personal development goals.
· Perform housekeeping activities and other duties as assigned to assure a safe working environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
% of Time
Troubleshoot and repair equipment
Documentation (equipment files, equipment history in CMMS, time entry)
Maintenance and specialized training, CBT’s
Safety (meetings, teams)
Minimum Required Qualifications for the Position:
High school degree or equivalent (GED)
· Three to five years Mechanical Maintenance experience desired.
· Degree or Certifications in Mechanical related field.
· Extensive prior maintenance experience demonstrating knowledge and ability.
· Basic Computer Skills (Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Knowledge of SAP
· A strong safety awareness in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of themselves, other employees, contractors, the community and the environment.
· Initially complete the Maintenance Training Program to ensure familiarity with the design, operation, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical systems, along with obtaining knowledge of plant piping and materials of construction standards.
· Responsible for maintaining a wide variety of plant equipment including pumps, agitators, gearboxes, compressors, chillers, valves (ball, control, diaphragm, butterfly, etc.), along with performing seal replacements, bearing replacements, fitting, welding, equipment alignments, and all other tasks associated with the Millwright/Mechanical craft.
· Understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, steam, refrigeration, lubrication, rigging, and other related systems, along with performing preventative maintenance (PM) tasks and following all mandated procedures/regulations related to those systems
· Strong focus on safety, teamwork and personal flexibility
· Strong written & verbal communication skills and the ability to listen
· Ability to work without direct supervision in a diverse team environment
Description of Specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position is located in a maintenance shop with frequent work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions. The requirements for this position involve the willingness to work in a variety of areas (shop, office, outside, in man lifts, scissors lifts, etc.). Frequent walking, standing and climbing with the ability to perform elevated work utilizing portable ladders and fall protection equipment within the duty rating of the equipment is required. Position involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting up to 60 lbs. Use of a Full Face Respirator / Self Contained Breathing Apparatus, and Level-A Suit required for work with HHMs.
Work hours will mainly be days (6:30am-3pm) but will also consist of working overtime and supporting the plant’s callout system during off-hours as necessary.
DISCLAIMER: This job description reflects assignment of essential job functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Monsanto - 5 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...