The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that the physical aspect of the apartment community meets company standards and applicable laws. The Maintenance Technician will diagnose problems and make repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance.
- Ability to commit to a 24 hour on call schedule established by the Supervisor. While on call, must respond by telephone within 15 minutes and begin repair work within 30 minutes of determining emergency situation. Overtime may be required as needed.
- Must be available on notice in the event of snow and ice and other on-site emergencies. Position requires snow removal, shoveling and salting.
- Make-ready vacant units as required including trash removal, repairs, cleaning carpets, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining grounds and common areas including picking up trash, sweeping sidewalks/driveways, watering trees & shrubs, cleaning offices, hallways, restrooms, lounge areas, stairways, pool area, etc.
- Repair concrete, molding, masonry, roof, broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposal, fixture and fencing if and when required.
- Perform work order/service requests within 24 hours of initial call.
- Perform repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets circuits etc.\
- Carry out preventative maintenance by performing 'tests', on all property equipment (to include electrical, plumbing and heating) and listen for unusual sounds from equipment, detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variation with supervisor or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair on machine.
- Mount, install and maintain all fire extinguisher and smoke detectors.
- Assist in inspection of property
- Paint interior and exterior.
- Be able to work as a team and independently and help others both at the site and other sites and be flexible in transferring to other local regional sites if required.
- Responsible for daily clean up of Maintenance Shop and assist in maintenance of maintenance materials and supplies.
- Ability to report and give account of any incidents occurring on the site to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Responsible for bringing tools to utilize on site for maintenance repairs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- HVAC certification required
- Valid drivers’ license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers products
Morgan Properties - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard