TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Safety & Facilities Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly – Non-Exempt
REVISION DATES: 11/2002, 7/2012
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide support by maintaining all machinery and equipment related to the manufacturing and processing of parts.
1. Perform maintenance on all production machinery and equipment.
2. Create and maintain all maintenance records for all production
machinery and equipment.
3. Build and maintain fiber optics for multislide machines and
sensoring for punch press machines.
4. Move existing machinery and equipment throughout the plant and
install new machinery and equipment as needed.
5. Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems with machinery
6. Support manufacturing by building special items to improve
machine performance and production efficiency (i.e., shelves,
brackets, oil deflectors, slug shields, chutes, etc.).
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
All of the above essential functions require varying degrees of independence, judgment, and discretion and the ability to be mobile within the office and/or work area. Requires the ability to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and programs.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: Three to five years of machine maintenance experience
with a mechanical aptitude.
Experience: Strong electrical troubleshooting background involving
single and 3-phase equipment.
Knowledge of plastic injection mold machinery