Do you thrive on new growth opportunities, value collaboration and hard work, and believe there is always a better way to serve customers? Navitor is the place for you! Navitor is a leader in the dynamic print industry, and we are looking for candidates with the talent and experience to become a part of our company. Join our team of experts who are redefining what's possible in the priting industry.
This is a temporary assignment that may be considered for a regular full time role in the future.
General Job Purpose:
This position requires good communication, customer service, and ability to identify problems. Effectiveness in this role also requires general knowledge of the assigned site’s facilities and equipment and the relevant technical training required to maintain them. The incumbent works on problems that are routine in nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. The candidate exercises judgment within clearly defined procedures. The incumbent normally receives detailed instruction on all assignments. Assist in maintaining required departmental records and documentation according to Company SOP’s and the requirements of external parties. Assist in documenting daily facilities and manufacturing equipment operation and maintenance. Candidate will provide general labor services for the assigned location(s) including equipment calibration and preventative maintenance. Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains complex mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, printing presses, production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
with Navitor Southeast, you will
- Perform standard preventative maintenance and calibration under the guidance of senior staff.
- Perform routine manufacturing equipment tooling set-ups and changes, and daily equipment cleaning.
- Assist Manufacturing staff in monitoring operating equipment on a daily basis, troubleshooting problems and inefficiencies and recommending possible solutions.
- Order, re-stock and maintain the inventory of spare parts, consumables and change tooling supplies. Maintain other department equipment as needed. Assist in maintaining required departmental records and documentation according to Company SOP’s and the requirements of external parties. Assist in documenting daily facilities and manufacturing equipment operation and maintenance.
- Selects and installs printing plates, rollers, screens, stencils, type, die, and cylinders in machine according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Loads, positions and adjusts unprinted materials on holding fixture or in loading and feeding mechanisms of press.
- Dismantles and reassembles printing unit or parts, using hand and power tools, to repair, maintain or adjust machine.
- Cleans and lubricates printing machine and components (e.g., rollers, screens, typesetting, reservoirs) using oil, solvents, brushes, rags and hoses.
- Performs facility maintenance on building and grounds as necessary
- Maintaining maintenance logs and reports.
- Ability to operate a lift truck, scissor lift as required by job need.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent with preferred technical training in mechanical and digital technology.
- Requires at least one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good communications, customer service and mechanical skills necessary. Previous printing industry experience running 1,2 and 3 color presses desired.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to perform in a self-sustained work environment performing the previously noted duties without repetitive supervisory interaction.
- Ability to apply shop math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, including using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance several projects at the same time and to apply common sense understanding in carrying out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- 14 months ago - save job