The Maintenance Technician contributes to the success of patient care through the care and maintenance of the health system's mechanical systems and building structures. In this role, you will perform a wide variety of general building maintenance and repair functions to ensure the quality of the facilities within the health system.
· Inspects and maintains proper functioning of carpentry, electrical, HVAC,
· Life safety, mechanical and plumbing systems at assigned work location within health system.
· Evaluates the condition of these systems and determines, in conjunction with management, appropriate corrective measures.
· Performs preventive and operational maintenance to ensure a functional and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
· Creates, implements and facilitates preventive maintenance schedules.
· Makes cost-reduction recommendations to management that adhere to policies and procedures, for electrical, fire safety, HVAC and plumbing systems.
· Performs small scale repairs to building structures, including but not limited to: doors, locks, furniture, ceilings, floors, walls repair, windows and sidewalks.
· Maintains records of all work completed, time spent and materials used.
· Completes work in neat and timely fashion, causing little to no disturbance to tenants.
· Evaluates and reports work in progress by all outside contractors including outside cleaning personnel and security
· High School or Technical School Diploma, required.
· Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in Mechanics or related field.
· Ability to read architectural drawings.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- 21 months ago - save job
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...