Maintenance Technician |
position is responsible to perform equipment repair, preventative maintenance and equipment rebuild activities in assigned department/site to ensure that all equipment is in safe working order to meet operational quality and productivity goals.
1. Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above: The following description is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned, as required.
A. Safety (daily requirements): Follow all company safety procedures in completion of job duties. Verify that all safety-related devices, machine guarding, signage, etc. are in place and functioning prior to releasing equipment for production. Safety procedures for lockout/tagout, machine guarding, and applicable OSHA standards. Wear required PPE for job function. Sustain 6S standards through good housekeeping and execution of standard work.
B. Quality (daily requirements): Audit each workstation per standard operating procedure (SOP) to ensure equipment is operational to quality compliance, product conformance to specifications and accurate documentation.
C. Productivity (daily requirements): Perform preventative maintenance on all department/site equipment as scheduled. Execute on equipment diagnostics and troubleshoot as needed to improve product quality and productivity. Perform equipment component rebuilds as needed. Respond to building support systems to include security response, fire protection issues, and ground/building maintenance as needed. Complete line changeovers and replace or repair parts, correct equipment adjustments. Fabrication of functional equipment (i.e., tables, stands, machine guarding etc.) Enter and manage assigned work orders in AS400. Familiar with MS office products.
D. Lean (daily requirements): Utilize LEAN Thinking in formal and informal settings including participating in LEAN Events (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Projects, Just-Do-It), submitting Suggestions, attending LEAN Training, and improving work cell/areas of responsibility daily. Use visual tools and display boards and update them as appropriate. Document all changes resulting from LEAN activities according to ISO guidelines. Accept and embrace change necessary for continuous improvement.
E. Teamwork (daily requirements): Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers by willingness to take on additional responsibility and/or support. Perform various functions within the department as needed to maintain production. Participate in start-up continuous improvement meetings (CIP’s) and assist in problem resolution activities. Continually evaluate and review work process to make improvements.
F. Communication (daily requirements): Maximize the flow of communication for effective performance and communication within the department and between shifts.
3A. Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position. Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications: (To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Will be required to drive a tow motor.
- Basic computer skills needed with ability to learn AS400 and Mainsaver.
- Solid understanding of equipment and mechanical aptitude. Basic welding, metal lathe and tooling skills preferred.
- Basic understanding of ladder logic systems, A/B PLC’s preferred.
- Basic processing mold and equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and basic electrical understanding. Electrical certification a plus.
- Solid understanding of safety procedures for lockout/tagout, machine guarding and applicable OSHA standards.
- English fluency (both written and verbal) with the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and written procedures.
- Basic math skills and effective problem solving abilities required.
- Ability to work in fast-paced; multi-tasking environment and meet operational deadlines.
- Flexibility and dependability required to meet operational demands to include weekend and shift rotations when necessary.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated team building skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
3B. Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Very demanding position: long hours, standing, walking, stooping, and climbing; requires physical agility and dexterity.
Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
Plant working conditions: hazardous, dirty and subject to weather, temperature, and height extremes.
3C. Previous experience that is necessary background to qualify for this position:
Prior manufacturing experience required with previous maintenance experience preferred. Trade school certification preferred.
Oatey - 22 months ago