Oxbow Animal Health is a growing manufacturer and global distributor of premium nutritional foods and supplements for small animals. We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to maintain production equipment and vehicles, and assist with the upkeep of buildings and grounds.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent; college or trade-related accreditation preferred
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Drivers license with good driving record
- Able to operate forklift, skid loader, tractor
- Able to use hand/power tools, and lift up to 75 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods, walk across uneven surfaces, and climb stairs and ladders
- Able to work with hay and hay-based products
- Work hour flexibility (occasional work during off-shift and weekends, per business need)
- General: Demonstrated understanding of basic fabrication, welding, pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical.
- Building/Facilities: Plumbing, heating, air conditioning, wiring, hanging conduit and pulling wire, tinning, etc.
- Fleet: General repair and maintenance, problem solving, oil, brakes, belts, hoses, etc.
- Problem Solving: Timely and thorough troubleshooting skills.
- Customer Service: Dependable and respectful, with effective communication skills.
- Self-starter able to work with a sense of urgency with minimal supervision
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions
Best Qualified Candidates Will Possess:
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in safe working order.
- Supports plant (PM) program & works to ensure safe and efficient operating conditions.
- Fleet maintenance (electric and gas-powered fork trucks, skid loaders, tractors, vehicles, & some semi tractor).
- Suggest changes to equipment, systems and procedures that will improve safety, quality, and/or efficiency.
- Sustain/improve plant operating performance. Ability to identify root causes of equipment downtime or delay. Able to follow a structured and cost-effective approach to problem solving.
- Assist production supervisors with educating employees about effective equipment operation and avoidance of injuries and equipment damage.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency responding to mechanical/equipment failures and related corrective action.
- Housekeeping – Organized (5-S) of plant, shop and maintenance supplies.
- General facility maintenance support of overall facility infrastructure.
- New equipment installation. In-house fabrication of new equipment and modification of existing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expertise with PLC controls
- Post high school education and/or trade-related accreditation
- Past maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment