Maintains and repairs facility related components to include doors, tube system, and other hospital related equipment. Must be capable of assisting other engineering trades such as mechanical specialists, plumbers and electricians. Provides coverage for all shifts to include weekends when assigned. All employees are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Palmetto Health’s values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity and teamwork.
: High School Diploma required, Technical College Associates Degree preferred
: 2-4 years preferred
Number and Type of Employees Supervised
: No supervision is required
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required
: Valid SC driver’s license with a proven (MVR report) good driving record for previous 3 years. Must pass driver training within 6 months of hire.
: Basic skills in electricity, plumbing, HVAC, and computer operations.
· Responsible for assisting other trades (plumbing, mechanical, electrical) within the department with repairs to include air handling units, pump replacements, exhaust fan and other mechanically related systems comprising the hospital’s utility system.
· Responsible for maintaining and repairing door hardware such as closers and panic bars.
· Responsible for performing unscheduled and preventative maintenance related repairs to include lighting systems, tube systems, facility (doors, walls, paging, other) to ensure proper working conditions.
· Responsible for performing repairs on electrical components such as switches, receptacles, lights/ballasts of 120/208/227 volts (including live circuits).
· Responsible for maintaining and repairing computerized pneumatic tube system. Must be proficient in the use of the tube system computer and able to troubleshoot and correct delivery issues when they arise.
· Respond to emergency calls and assist qualified technicians and other trained personnel on medical gas, vacuum leaks, power outages, plumbing, fire response, etc.
· Responsible for completing work orders in complete and timely manner to include all housekeeping duties when work is complete. Ensure work is performed with the utmost awareness for safety and hygiene. Also ensure proper lockout Tagout procedure is being followed.
· Responsible for handling plumbing related failures such as clogged sinks, toilets, and tubs as well as making repairs to leaking faucets, showers and toilets.
· Maintain a broad proficiency in all crafts to avoid unnecessary call backs during off shift and weekends.
· Participates in emergency call back system.
· Proficient at retrieving people from disabled elevators and ensure repairs are reported and completed.
Palmetto Health - 20 months ago