Pentair’s Valves & Controls business
is a leading manufacturer and marketer of valves, actuators, and controls solutions, providing products, services and innovation for the most challenging applications throughout the energy and process industries. Whether our customers operate in the oil and gas, power, chemical and pharmaceutical, mining, marine, or food and beverage markets, we endeavor to deliver the highest quality products and value-added services that improve our customers' business efficiency.
ORGANIZATION AND POSITION SUMMARY
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician is to install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with operations manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines. This person is also responsible in part for the maintenance and repair of physical structures and systems related to the facility and property. The position requires the ability to troubleshoot as well as service, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipments utilized in the manufacture of flow control products.
-Assists Lead Maintenance Technician in performing various maintenance tasks
a. Manufacture’s recommended Preventive Maintenance
- - Preventive/predictive Maintenance
b. Establishing bench marks and predicting replacement of wear parts
a. Lock out /Tag out
- Understanding electrical maintenance including: single and 3 phase power systems up to 480 volts.
- 5. Training of Operators in proper maintenance techniques and related safety
c. Lubrication etc.
a. Minimize Inventory carrying costs.
- 6. Documentation of Work Orders for repair and equipment modification.
- 7. Spare Part Inventory and Ordering
b. Assuring accuracy of spare parts inventory
- Responsible for all aspects regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost (SQDC) of Maintenance Department
- Will utilize Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) as the means for increasing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Understand and apply problem solving process.
- Should have experience with lean manufacturing, TPM or continuous improvement initiatives.
- Anticipate problems and successfully avoid problems
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Assist Maintenance Lead in the education of employees on accepted safety updates, procedures, operational changes and reinforce safety policies. Perform all operations according to prescribed safety principles.
- Reviews the daily checks and regularly scheduled PM on production equipment and machinery with the technicians and reports to the Lead/Manager.
- Assist the Lead/Manager in the diagnosis and repair/replacement of defective parts mechanical and electrical with all equipment.
- Performs maintenance/safety tasks per procedures.
- Coordinates with production on the maintenance of plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair & maintain industrial machinery & equipment.
- Applicant required to have Mechanical & Electrical knowledge to complete equipment repairs, read complicated drawings or simple sketches
- Must have ability to be on call 24 hrs for emergency repairs
- Recommends measures to improve productivity of maintenance team and equipment performance.
- Additional knowledge of Fixture upgrades will be an added advantage.
Job Requirements & Skills
Work experience of 4+years in maintenance of mechanical/electrical industrial equipment
Qualified / Competent in working on electrical systems up to 480Vac
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pentair is pumped about water! Water & Fluid Solutions, the company's largest segment, manufactures water flow and filtration...