Pay Grade: $18.83 - $25.30 per hour, FLSA non-exempt, Union represented.
Schedule: Forty (40) hours per week on a regular schedule to be determined at time of hire. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, substitute for other staff, and attend meetings.
Application Requirements : In addition to completing the application, please also include a cover letter and a resume . Apply through this site no later than 8 a.m. on Wednesday, October 9, 2013.
Performs a variety of skilled building and vehicle maintenance functions for the Pierce County Library System’s Facilities Management Department; repairs and maintains the Library’s facilities and vehicles; inspects fire alarms and extinguishers; administers the Library’s fuel program; prepares and maintains facilities maintenance records; and maintains the Department’s parts inventory; and assists in updating the Department’s computer based maintenance programs.
Reports to the Facilities Director; no supervisory responsibility is exercised.
Class specifications are intended to provide a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Delivers high-quality, customer-focused services.
- Provides assistance in ensuring the Library’s facilities, buildings, equipment, and vehicles are safely and properly maintained for use by employees and/or the general public.
- Performs a variety of skilled building maintenance activities; identifies and diagnoses maintenance issues.
- Repairs and replaces plumbing, electrical, lighting, drywall, flooring, walls, ceilings, exterior gutters, and roofing; performs painting.
- Assembles and remodels office furniture systems and/or work spaces including desks, shelving, built-in cabinets, and related fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs to the Library’s light duty vehicles including staff vehicles and maintenance vans; conducts safety inspections and test drives.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains the Library’s commercial vehicles including bookmobiles, delivery vans, and forklifts.
- May assist in operating automated HVAC controls.
- Assists in scheduling the repair of vehicles by external maintenance service providers.
- Administers the Library’s fuel program; maintains program records; schedules related maintenance activities; conducts inspections and monitors for compliance with all EPA and State regulatory requirements.
- Maintains the Department’s parts inventory; sources parts and recommends suppliers; organizes maintenance supplies and bench stock.
- Enters data into the departmental Automated Maintenance Management System.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of facilities maintenance records and documentation.
- Demonstrates punctuality and regular and consistent attendance.
- Brings matters of public concern regarding waste, inefficiency, corruption, discrimination, and safety to the attention of Library Management.
- Accurately communicates the Library’s policies to members of the public in all job-related contacts.
- Positively reflects Pierce County Library’s mission, vision, and values to members of the public and to staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge of:
- Building and vehicle maintenance principles.
- Regulations and standards governing facilities/vehicle maintenance activities.
- Equipment and tools relative to vehicle and facilities maintenance.
- Plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting principles.
- Computerized maintenance management systems.
- Facilities maintenance records and documentation.
- Computers and Windows-based software.
- Customer service standards and protocols.
Required Skill in:
- Performing a variety of facilities maintenance functions.
- Ensuring the Library’s facilities and vehicles are properly maintained.
- Performing skilled electrical, plumbing, drywall, roofing, carpentry and painting work.
- Repairing and maintaining the Library’s vehicle fleet.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate facilities maintenance records.
- Working cooperatively as a team to accomplish tasks and projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and
- Three years facilities maintenance experience; OR
- Any combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge and skills and allows successful performance of the job.
Licenses, Certifications, and Special Requirements:
- Possess and maintain a valid Washington State Class B Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsement (within six  months of employment), and a WISHA Forklift Certification.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Must pass local police and Washington State Adult/Child Abuse records check prior to hire.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends on a rotating schedule and to adapt to schedule changes on short notice is required.
Working Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in and around Library facilities and involves exposure to variable weather conditions, confined spaces, exposure to heights, machinery with moving parts, electrical currents, hazardous chemicals, and infectious diseases.
- Subject to occasional sitting, standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending, reaching, crouching, climbing ladders, operating equipment, and lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Sick Leave
- Medical, Dental, and Basic Life Insurance
- State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employees have an opportunity to participate in the Tax Sheltered Annuity Program and the Deferred Compensation Program.
- Additional life insurance for the employee and family is available through payroll deduction.
Pierce County Library - 17 months ago
Internet access to services of Pierce County Library System, in Pierce County, WA. Access library services, our library catalog and news...