We currently are looking for a Maintenance Technician with responsibilities for ensuring that plant equipment and facilities are kept in good electrical/mechanical repair and working order, enabling a continuous production mode.
- Organize, and facilitate maintenance on all production and facility equipment with emphasis on equipment uptime and to resolve quality and production related issues in the spirit of continuous improvement, including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Installation, modification and fabrication of equipment and systems to meet production needs and schedules.
- Read and interpret machine electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Troubleshoot programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Use electrical test equipment as needed for repair and troubleshooting.
- Repair and rebuild electrical and mechanical components.
- Communicate clearly maintenance situations from one shift to another, including Maintenance Team Leader and Maintenance Manager.
- Plant wide accountabilities for operational aspects including progress toward quality and production goals.
- Participate in continuous improvement in safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Other tasks as determined by the Maintenance Manager.
Key Success Factors:
- Ability to read and translate Technical Manuals.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Able to effectively communicate with all members of team.
- Minimum of a High School diploma and 2+ years of experience repairing and troubleshooting in pneumatics, hydraulics, over-head cranes, forklifts, hoists, 3-phase motors, variable speed drives and controls, and heavy industrial wiring.
- Ability to learn process, equipment specifications and company standards by actively consulting resources, associates, manuals, training department and policies.
- Good practical sense working with and troubleshooting equipment problems. Able to work with minimal supervision within a team environment
- Must be computer literate, familiar with the Windows Operating system.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Precoat Metals - 7 months ago
Sequa serves the aerospace and metal coatings sectors through its two primary operating segments. Chromalloy Gas Turbine, its largest unit,...