The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing repairs, troubleshooting, and completeing preventative maintenance on their assigned property. The Maintenance Technician will continually improve operating conditions, quality, and integrity of all building systems and building appearances, while delivering superior customer service to our residents.
- Performs repairs, troubleshoots systems, and completes preventative maintenance. Adheres to standardized diagnostic approaches for preventative maintenance, system troubleshooting, HVAC systems, and electrical circuits
- Participates in on-call emergency rotation and responds to emergencies as needed
- Assists in training Groundskeepers and junior-level Maintenance Technicians
- Troubleshoots all property systems, and performs or oversees repairs
- Conducts maintenance-related inspections, including building and alarm systems inspections.
- Assists in preparing property for inspections
- Inspects vacant units, ensuring turnovers are completed within standard guidelines
- Utilizes maintenance software program to track work orders, inventory use, product replacement histories, and scheduled preventative maintenance
- Ensures tools and equipment are in optimum condition
- Inspects subcontracted service providers and documents work and product quality
- Walks the grounds and common interior areas daily, removing litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces
- Removes snow and ice from sidewalks, walkways, steps, and driveways
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification (types I and II) preferred
- 2 years maintenance or construction experience
- 1 or more years experience as a full-charge maintenance technician preferred
- Knowledge of maintenance systems, including inventory control, preventative maintenance, and work order record keeping
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and equipment including HVAC, landscaping, carpentry, painting, hydraulic systems, and electric motors
- Valid Driver s License preferred
Resource Residential - 23 months ago
Founded in 2007, Resource Residential is a property management company committed to providing the highest quality of service to our...