People & Training
- Ensures his/her training is on schedule and accurately recorded.
- Learns, through organized seminars and personal study, the operational and technical characteristics of the Segment's mechanical equipment, and keeps current with new Segment mechanical equipment and maintenance methods.
- Promotes the importance of Service Quality within the maintenance community.
- Understands and complies with Schlumberger's rules and regulations.
- Maintains close communication with supervisors and Field Engineers.
Process & Equipment
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Performs Quality checks strictly, as per procedure, and according to the defined schedule.
- Modifies equipment in a timely manner and only in line with official modification releases.
- Proficient in the use of InTouch & Quest.
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately.
- Drives their workflow and ensures data entry is accurate and timely.
- Understands and helps drive the World Wide Service Quality Plan within the location.
- Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
- Reports honestly and accurately at all times.
Quality & HSE
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Keeps Maintenance Manuals and other confidential documents secure and in good order.
- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Uses QUEST to report RIR and for follow up on action items.
- Continuously strives to optimize the safety and efficiency of maintenance procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of Schlumberger and client information.
- Understands and actively applies the SLB LTI/AA Prevention Plan.
- Takes an active part in the Location LPT.
Apart from the required educational background of 3 years of technical degree or 2 years of apprentice school, the Trainee Mechanic must have a basic understanding of electronics and computer literacy. This position requires non-technical skills, in particular the ability to communicate clearly with superiors and engineers. Candidates should be able to communicate in both written and spoken English.
Educational Requirements: High School or equivalent diploma 3 years of technical degree or 2 years of apprentice school
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: North America
Rigzone.com - 16 months ago
For more than 20 years, our clients have trusted us to help them recruit leaders around the world and incorporate them into their...