For the third year in a row, as part of an independent survey, Sargento was voted as one of the top places to work in Southeastern Wisconsin. That's because, we hire good people and treat them like family.
And at Sargento you'll be in a highly visible position in a company big enough to be a national brand leader but small enough for you to feel at home and let you make an impact.
Our rewards include a competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package and generous 401(k) and profit sharing benefits. Sargento offers its employees work-life balance and a unique, values-based culture that makes us recognized as an area employer of choice. Our Wisconsin location offers great lifestyle and recreational options and convenient access to major metropolitan areas.
Reports to the Maintenance Team Leader, is responsible for the plant manufacturing equipment. Also, performs all duties involved in the operation, maintenance, and trouble shooting of plant manufacturing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities : include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintain the plant manufacturing equipment systems using mechanical and electrical knowledge and trouble shooting skills.
Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System for preventative maintenance and record keeping.
Maintain and promote a safe work environment taking appropriate safety measures.
Maintain a clean work environment.
Be an active participant in open communications between all departments and shifts.
Maintain daily log books.
Timely completion of work requests and assigned project work.
Any other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Team Leader or Manager.
1. High School diploma required;
2. Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a related field preferred; or five to ten years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
3. Two to Three years experience with PLC and Controls preferred;
4. Previous experience in food packaging and processing a plus;
5. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively work in a fast paced environment, have strong decision making skills and use good judgement;
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including the need for weekend overtime or temporary reassignment to a different shift.
Sargento Foods - 5 months ago