For the third year in a row, as part of an independent survey, Sargento was voted as one of the top places to work in Southeastern Wisconsin. That's because, we hire good people and treat them like family.
And at Sargento you'll be in a highly visible position in a company big enough to be a national brand leader but small enough for you to feel at home and let you make an impact.
Our rewards include a competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package and generous 401(k) and profit sharing benefits. Sargento offers its employees work-life balance and a unique, values-based culture that makes us recognized as an area employer of choice.
Our Wisconsin location offers great lifestyle and recreational options and convenient access to major metropolitan areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts. Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
Adjusts functional parts of devices.
Troubleshoot machine controls, such as motor control, frequencies drives, PLC, etc.
Repairs or replaces defective parts.
Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
Lubricates and cleans parts. Starts devices to test their performance.
Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
Repairs electrical equipment.
Initiates parts request.
Fabrication of light parts such as small guards, chutes, extensions, etc.
Interested applicants should apply on-line to the Sargento Career Center Sargento is an equal opportunity employer.
1. High School diploma required
2. Associate's Degree in Electromechanical Technology, Automated Manufacturing Systems or related maintenance degree preferred
3. 5 or more years of related Maintenance experience preferred
4. 2 or more years experience in Allen Bradley PLC and controls preferred
5. Previous experience in food packaging and processing a plus
6. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, effectively work in a fast paced environment, have strong decision making skills and use good judgment
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including the need for weekend overtime or temporary reassignment to a different shift.
Sargento Foods - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard