The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of the leading nonprofit developers of mixed-income housing in the United States. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. We realize our mission by developing, financing and operating high-quality housing and implementing neighborhood self-help initiatives to drive economic opportunity for our residents. Since 1964, we have constructed or preserved over 320 affordable and mixed-income housing developments and secured over $2.5 billion in project financing from public and private sources. Today, we own or manage more than 10,000 apartments in 14 states and Washington, D.C. We are headquartered in Boston with regional hubs in Chicago and Washington. Due to anticipated growth and ongoing needs, we are searching for a Maintenance Technician to join our team.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal, responding promptly to all assigned work orders, and ensuring that vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to “market ready” condition according to the Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor’s timetable.
The Maintenance Technician will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed, in their efforts to manage the property in an efficient manner. Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the safety for themselves, residents, staff and visitors. They are also responsible for security of the premises and are to insure proper and safe use of tools, equipment and materials. They are responsible for assigned inventory of cleaning materials, supplies, hardware, hand tools, power tools, etc. Technicians must have very strong mechanical abilities, experience performing general maintenance, must meet all physical requirements and be able to take direction.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Replace or repair windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors and closets, cabinets and countertops
- Repair and replace appliances
- Plumbing repairs and replacement of fixtures, faucets, pumps, valves, garbage disposals, and toilets
- Painting, carpentry and drywall repairs
- Ceramic tile repair, including grouting and caulking of tile
- Basic HVAC repair and filter, belt, and thermostat replacement
- Basic electrical repairs
- Inspect property to ensure that all is in order and supervision is aware of any maintenance or safety issues
- Prepare vacant units for re-leasing. Cleaning and painting, as well as repairs, may be required of this position
- Three to five years experience in plumbing, heating, carpentry and electrical repairs as well as HVAC experience
- Must be able to perform a minimum of 90% of typical work orders and complete within performance standards for quality and time
- Must have basic hand tools
- Must be able to work on an on-call schedule
- Strong written and verbal English
- Computer skills including but not limited to: excel, word and other comparable computer programs
The Community Builders - 14 months ago