Members of the maintenance team ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment are operational and properly maintained and all common areas are maintained in a clean aesthetically appealing and disinfected condition
· Routinely walks floors including roof checking for problems and lights out and reports back to supervisors.
· Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
· Maintains working relationship with building staff.
· Painting of all common areas and touch up may be required. Responsible to inspect areas that need paint and advise manager.
· Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
· Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
· Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
· Performs minor maintenance replacement and repairs in areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other building repairs through daily scheduled work orders.
· Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
· Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.
· Must be able to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy work. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to lift 50 – 100 lbs following appropriate safety procedures; Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; Crawl in small and tight spaces; Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain); Walk and climb stairs; Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment; Reach with hands and arms; Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word; Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions; Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers; Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Complete all required forms and work orders. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement. Driving when necessary. Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner. The use of mechanical equipment is not permitted, only hand tools with previous training. Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 8 ft).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Continental Group - 2 years ago