Members of the maintenance team ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment are operational and properly maintained and all common areas and grounds are maintained in a clean aesthetically appealing and disinfected condition. Must be experienced in irrigation repair,
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:Education/Training:
- Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Maintains working relationship with grounds staff.
- Painting of all common areas and touch up may be required. Responsible to inspect areas that need paint and advise manager.
- Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
- Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
- Performs minor maintenance replacement and repairs in areas of carpentry, electrical work, mechanical, painting and other building repairs through daily scheduled work orders.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, mechanical, painting, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.
- Must be able to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years general experience in building repair and replacement maintenance or handy work. Previous experience in irrigation work preferred. Will be requried to do general maintenance and landscape work. Must be willing to work in all types of weather. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to lift 50 lbs following appropriate safety procedures; Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; Crawl in small and tight spaces; Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain); Walk and climb stairs; Reach with hands and arms; Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word; Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions; Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Complete all required forms and work orders. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement. Driving when necessary. Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner. Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 25 ft).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Continental Group - 17 months ago
FirstService wants to be first when it comes to real estate services. The company has subsidiaries that provide commercial property...