The Hartz Mountain Corporation
Maintain the facility and its equipment in safe and functional order. This job performs general maintenance and upkeep on the building and equipment utilizing a Preventative Maintenance program and ordering of replacement parts and equipment.
Desired Outcomes/Expected Results:
- Promotes a safe work environment, delivering zero workplace injuries.
- Deliver 100% quality work to established standards..
- Continually improve the processes to meet productivity standards, reduce maintenance costs, and eliminate waste.
- 2 yeas of related experience in a Manufacturing environment is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employee must be knowledgeable in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, welding, hydraulic, PLC , and pneumatic principles and applications.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, operating procedural manuals, and schematics.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and proficiencies of MS Office Word and Excel programs.
- Fast paced, multi-tasked clerical work and able to work well in various circumstances.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percents.
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise with the facility or equipment, initiate repairs, and report issues, all in a timely fashion, to the appropriate supervisor or Plant Manager to keep management informed of any schedule deviations.
- Support SOPs and GMPs that are in effect throughout the facility.
- Follow all OSHA, EPA, and security standards to ensure the health of all employees and the community.
- Maintain an open and candid relationship with supervisors and company management on all matters of importance pertaining to maintaining the facility and equipment to create a team atmosphere.
- Coordinate all work performed by outside contractors, making sure that they abide by all company policies and OSHA/EPA regulations.
- Order supplies, parts, and equipment needed in a cost effect manner while maintaining the maintenance budget.
- Associates Degree in a technical field.
The duties and responsibilities listed here serve as an example of the typical activities associated with this position. The position includes, but is not limited to these duties. Employees may perform additional duties as required by their supervisor(s) or as needed by the department(s).
The Hartz Mountain Corporation - 19 months ago
Hartz has mountains of products for pets! The company makes 1,500-plus pet care products, including nutritional supplements for birds and...