Responsible for maintaining and/or repairing company production and support equipment. Repair and maintenance of all bakery plant production machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer’s specifications and blueprints.
Essential Job Functions :
- Working knowledge of National, State , Local building code,OSHA,NFPA70E,&NEC rule /regulation and follow the codes
- Electrical: troubleshoot electrical by means of basic visual with the ability the interpret line diagrams ,ladder logic, and motor controls,
- Diagnose hydraulic problems by means of flow charts pressures and adjustments
- Diagnose pneumatic from blow by ,stuck spools, inadequate air supplies ,faulty cylinders, worn out equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of and trained in safe work practices of ammonia refrigeration equipment, for the purpose of maintaining and calibrating of equipments to ensure plant reliability. including low stage compressor, high stage compressor transfer pumps ,and interpreting pressure and conversions of pressures to temperatures ,
- Knowledge of installation and programming of Allen Bradley drives. The power flex series 4-40 70-700
- Ability to troubleshoot control circuits from a 4-20 ma ,24 vdc control circuit, and 120 volt control circuits with testing and monitoring of 120 single phase and up to 480 voltage 3 phase power
- Repairs and or troubleshoot temperature controls, programmable logic controllers, Hmi interfaces I.E panel view 600, 1000
- Maintenance and repairs of ovens, freezer systems, fillers, facility heating and cooling, hot water systems, water softener.
- Proficient in welding, a variety including sanitary welding ,TIG, MIG, ARC, Aluminum, Brazing, oxy /acetylene cutting ,Plasma arc cutting, and spot welding equipment
- Knowledge of machining including safe work practices in the operation of lathes and milling equipment, Drill Presses, Hydraulic presses,
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Must possess an excellent safety record and demonstrated safe work practices.
- Must demonstrate a positive impact in the areas of plant reliability, efficiency and I-85 endeavors.
This section includes a translation of Kroger Values into our Core Competencies. In addition to the functional requirements of the position, each individual will also be evaluated on the effective demonstration of these core competencies as part of overall responsibilities.
Honesty, Integrity, Safety, Diversity, Inclusion, Treating Others With Respect
Core Competencies supporting Our Values
Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Safety Awareness: Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
Inclusion: Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for direct effect on business results.
Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Building Strategic Working Relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishments of work goals.
Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
In addition to the core competencies/skills, some additional competencies/skills have been included that are required to successfully perform this position. These competencies/skills are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Must be a self starter and able to work autonomously.
- Must perform other maintenance related duties as assigned.
- Must attend required schooling.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Accurate recording skills required.
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions; ability to read diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers specifications; understand basic math.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, ladder logics, wiring diagrams, Pneumatics diagrams.
Job Skill requirements for the position
- 1-3 years experience with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience with PLC’s, programming and or troubleshooting with knowledge of HMI interface
- Strong mechanical skills required
- Boilers feed pump ,DA tanks , shell and tube heat exchanges ,steam condensate return pumps
- Knowledge of Ammonia refrigeration system
- Mechanical/Electrical schooling a plus.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Electrical motor controls
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all level of the organization as well as external contacts.
- Ability to understand and use test equipment for the trouble shooting and diagnosing of equipment, and process controls.
- Ability to use torque wrenches and other calibrated instruments to ensure reliability and keep equipment in base line condition.
- Ability to validate and calibrate and or adjust temperatures of process equipment within the facility
- Proficient in the use and safe work practices with amperage clamps , fluke multi meters, power quality analyzers logging and monitoring meters , static discharge meter for electrical motor, electric motor megohm meter.
- Ability to read and understand vainer calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, shaft alignment tools,
- Knowledge of and ability to use of pipe threader for plumbing on equipment and throughout the plant.
- Knowledge of speeds and feeds for the purpose of drilling and tapping and or cutting of materials in the drill press and lathes and milling equipment.
- Proficient in computers supporting CMMS (Empac).With working knowledge of MS Office, Word , Excel ,Power Point
Potential Career Path:
Food Safety, Quality and SQF 2000 System Responsibilities
Will follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
Will support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
Will be accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
This job description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements.
Kroger - 17 months ago