Job Title: Maintenance Technician #KR 073-14
Shift : Night/Graveyard – Weekends (Shift Assignments are subject to change)
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Compensation: Union scale - $19.00 – 19.50/hour
Benefits: Comprehensive package including full benefits, a pension plan fully paid by the employer, with holiday and vacation pay.
About our Client:
A leading dairy company which has been in business since 1880. They are recognized as a stable and well-established company with a high quality product and brand.
1. Overseeing and performing preventative and day-to-day maintenance duties required for the
Plant’s manufacturing operations of the boilers, electrical, general machinery, hydraulics,
mechanical, ammonia refrigeration, pneumatics, welding and packaging equipment.
2. Responsible for technical duties which require planning and judgment; determines and
Develops approaches to manufacturing technical assignments and processes using a
proficient and timely manner.
3. Read, interpret and understand technical manuals, blueprints, drawings, and diagrams.
4. Communicate accurately, concisely, and professionally with key plant management, as to
important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and time estimated until completion.
5. Operate computer software to include the MP2 and PLC computer programs.
6. Operate a variety of maintenance equipment in a safe and effective manner.
7. Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position.
1. High School or General Education Diploma required.
2. Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and
production maintenance experience preferred.
3. 2 to 3 years of manufacturing experience: boilers, electrical, general machinery, hydraulics,
mechanical, refrigeration, pneumatics, welding and mechanisms required.
4. Individual must have a high level of mechanical aptitude to read, understand and follow
diagrams and equipment manuals.
5. Basic computer skills in the Windows operating system environment including the Microsoft
Office Suite and Internet basics. (Position requires the employee to learn the MP2 CMMS AND
PLC Computer Programs.)
6. Must be highly self-motivated, learn quickly and remember technical procedures.
7. Possess the ability to work independently and/or in a team environment with minimum
8. Possess good verbal and written communication skills, including interfacing with management
and key plant personnel.
9. Be able to consistently perform all the physical demands that this position requires.
10. Must follow all safety procedures and protocol.
11. Successful candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen.
The employee will be frequently exposed to chemicals, biohazards, electrical shock, heights, confined spaces, cold temperatures, trip/all hazards, power tools and work in moist and wet environments within the plant. The employee will be required to work on slippery or uneven surfaces. This position requires the use of personal protection equipment.
About The River Group
- Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
- After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers, and managing the negotiations.