Apply Now To This Position
Maintenance & Engineering
Job Location :
Park View at Laurel
FTR- Full Time
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Complete resident service requests timely and accurately.
- Perform a variety of routine, preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance repairs, as well as general upkeep tasks throughout the community and on all equipment; maintains appropriate logs and records.
- Ensure that all areas are kept safe and tidy; free of trash, debris and animal waste. This includes the cleanliness of the dumpster areas, as well as the necessary preparation of dumpsters for trash pick-up.
- Continuously monitor all areas of the community and grounds to ensure they are properly and safely maintained; advise management of any areas needing attention.
- Maintain landscaping including watering of the flowers; perform snow removal as needed.
- Provide assistance with apartment turnovers as directed. Repair, renovate, paint, and clean vacant apartments.
- Provides guidance, direction and training to Maintenance Apprentices & Porters.
- Contribute to marketing efforts and resident satisfaction by providing excellent customer service and appropriate interactions with prospective and current residents.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all policies and procedures in accordance with and as outlined in both the Shelter Properties Operational Policies and Procedures Manual and the Human Resources Manual that are relevant to your position.
- Respond timely, appropriately and courteously to emergencies.
- Recommend suggestions for improved operating techniques and troubleshooting.
- Participate in and attend all required in-service training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum one (1) year as a maintenance technician or other applicable experience.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Skill in areas such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as residents, guests and vendors.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all associates.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.
- Ability to communicate, comprehend, read, and write in English.
- Provide basic tool set.
- Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
- When on-call, associates must be ready, available, fit for work, and able to report to the property within 30 minutes of receiving a call.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login: