Under the general direction of the Hotel Manager, the primary function of this position is to maintain property owned by Tundra Tours, Inc. in Barrow. The maintenance activities include: (1) maintain heating, plumbing and electrical systems in building owned by Tundra Tours, Inc.; and (2) maintain interior and exterior walls and fixtures of Tundra Tours, Inc. properties (3) perform routine preventive maintenance . Position requires the candidate to have a flexible schedule which will include working day and night shifts as needed. |
1. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
2. Performs repairs on toilets, sinks, laundry facilities, kitchen and other hotel property.
3. Responsible for general maintenance issues to answer and resolve any maintenance calls/problems and recommends measures to improve conditions and operations of machines/equipment.
4. Develops plans for completing routine and preventative maintenance and renovations; coordinates work with hotel department managers.
5. Maintains records and tracks work orders, parts, maintenance history of equipment and others through a computerized system.
6. Conducts regular inspections of the Hotel ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of it. Inspection results must comply with code enforcement for the buildings Fire Safety, Alarm Inspections, Sprinkler System, Fire Extinguishers and Boiler Inspections.
7. Keeps all mechanical, electrical, and structural blueprints up to date.
8. Manages guest rooms and public areas for preventative maintenance.
9. Performs detailed lock repairs including rebuilding and repairing electronic locks to hotel rooms.
10. Responsible for monitoring and patrolling the grounds/building to report anything or anyone suspicious to the front desk via Hotel security cameras.
11. Complies with all corporate policies and OSHA administration rules while carrying out maintenance functions.
12. Order supplies and materials.
1. Strong knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to the Inupiat culture.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Two years experience in general maintenance performing on buildings and housing.
4. 2 years experience in plumbing and electrical repair.
5. Able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 75lbs.
6. Able to meet physical demands of position.
7. Must have HVAC experience.
8. Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening required.
9. Must have a valid Alaska Drivers License; CDL is preferred.
10. The ability to speak and understand the Inupiaq language is important and preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Arctic Slope Regional Corporation
- 19 months ago - save job