Responsible for performing a variety of routine maintenance tasks in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, limited HVAC repairs or other maintenance areas. This position may perform maintenance assignments alone or it may help other more skilled craft personnel in performing their duties.
1.Minimum high school diploma or equivalent or technical school education.
2. Experience performing related work such as carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical.
3. Valid Florida driver's license [required].
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Acceptable eyesight (with/without correction aid).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Mechanical skill.
2. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
3. Knowledge of practices and principles of the trade assigned.
4. Knowledge of tools and equipment to do related work.
5. Knowledge of maintenance and repair activities assigned.
6. Skill in the operation and preventative maintenance of equipment and related tools.
7. Ability to perform heavy (over 45 lbs.) lifting and carrying and manual labor which may require standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, and reaching in various weather conditions.
8. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Career Service Grade 8
$29,105 per year
Minimum Physical Qualifications
Incumbent should be able to stand for long periods of time when reguired.
Initial Work Schedule/Location:
This position will report on Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM at West Campus.
Education & Experience:
Higher education facilities experience is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Accomplishes repairs in electrical systems to include lights, fuses, lamps, fixtures, relays motors, pump switches, etc.
2. Cleans clogged drains and toilets and assists in performing other plumbing repairs.
3. Cleans air conditioning equipment and cooling towers and replaces air filters as required.
4. Performs carpentry repairs. Assists in renovation of rooms. Hangs dry wall.
5. Performs routine mechanical or appliance repair.
6. Oils or greases equipment.
7. Prepares and paints inside and outside of buildings, cabinets, furniture, etc.
8. Maintains equipment used in maintenance activities.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations:
If available,list all pertinent licenses,certificates or registrations pertaining to this position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, a complete on-line Valencia College employment application must be submitted.
During the online application process, you will be required to provide a response to specific questions to complete the application process.
All letters of reference must be attached at the time of application.
The size of your documents must be less than 2 MB in MS Word or PDF format.