The Maintenance Technician performs skilled repairs and installations of mechanical, electrical, and other physical structures in support of the manufacturing operation. Must be able to read, write, and coordinate activities as part of a Lean Manufacturing Production and Maintenance Team or with outside vendors as required. Responsible for monitoring production critical supplies, equipment parts inventories, setting repair and project priorities by working with plant leadership. Will assist and participate with Preventive Maintenance programs and 5S activities.
- Maintain and/or repair production and support rotating machinery and mechanical equipment to include but not limited to: Overhead cranes, hoists, production fabrication machinery, hydraulic motors and pumps, annealing ovens batch mixing equipment, air compressors and forklifts.
- Safely trouble shoot and repair Industrial Electrical Equipment, single and three phase power circuits, ac-dc motor control circuits, Lighting and HVAC systems.
- Monitor and trouble shoot various Direct Logic PLC controllers and AC/DC Variable Speed Motor Drive systems.
- Proficient use of hand tools, power tools, precision measuring/testing instruments, machine shop equipment i.e. lathes, drills, mills, grinders, sanders, cutting, welding & brazing.
- Maintain an open channel of communication with other maintenance and production team members and management.
- Actively participate in Preventive Maintenance system, Lean Manufacturing Continuous Improvement projects and 5S programs.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or other management employees.
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to troubleshoot PLC’s and AC/DC Drive control systems
- Ability to read, write and communicate
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and related documentation.
- High level of manual dexterity
- Ability to lift 40-60 pounds
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, post secondary technical training and certification preferred.
- 3+ years experience in Industrial Maintenance working with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
Victor Technologies - 16 months ago
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, Victor Technologies is a global manufacturer dedicated to developing innovative solutions for...