- Assist other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Clean and maintain equipment, tools and work area.
- Communicate with Customers, suppliers and other Wal-Mart associates
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Maintain and repair building facilities (for example, plumbing, construction, painting).
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Perform preventive and basic maintenance and repairs on equipment (i.e., production equipment, lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, HVAC units) facility and grounds according to procedures, using precision measurement equipment (i.e Volt Ohm Meters, calipers, micrometers, sag gauge).
- Read and understand technical drawings (for example, blueprints, hydraulic/pneumatic/electronic/mechanical schematics) to repair/maintain equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with equipment where repair is visible or obvious.
- Troubleshoot complex problems with equipment where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- Assist in the usage and disposal of hazardous materials and waste (i.e., petroleum products,
pharmaceutical waste) according to company policies and procedures.
- Completion of course work in the following areas (General Print Reading, Introduction to Electronics, Introduction to Electricity, Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps, Fundamentals of Digital Electronics) OR 2 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, pharmaceutical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting
- Experience working with blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals and previous experience in construction, industrial, production or manufacturing environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 4 years of experience repairing/maintaining mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...