Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position: AMCC
Address: 600 Laurel Bay Rd
City: Beaufort State: SC ZipCode: 29906
Title of Position: Maintenance Technician
Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas and grounds. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment.
- Install, service and repair stoves, refrigerators, dish washing machines and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Connects appliance power source and test meters such as wattmeter, ammeter or voltmeter.
- Disassembles appliances and examines mechanical and electrical parts. Transport appliances.
- Respond to service calls, com requirements and property management requests.
- Responds to on-call emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Correctly completes job orders and work authorizations in accordance with company and contract specifications.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written and listening communication skills as measured by accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the corporate/project policies, procedures and regulations.
- Attends workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings and trainings pertinent to the efficient dispatch of duties. Reports to work regularly and on time.
- Provides coverage for duties performed by service technician 1, 2 and 3.
- Wears prescribed uniform at all times during work hours
- Attend meetings, trainings, workshops and seminars as position requires
- Promote and practice incident-injury free (IIF) and sustainability
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 3 year(s) trade experience, formal, apprentice, or work related training. Multi-family community maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Acceptable background check
- Must pass the pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to work alone with minimal supervision
Schedule : Full Time. On-call duty when assigned. Position may include overtime and evening schedule
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.