The Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance/janitorial services at his/her property in accordance with company standards. The purpose of this position is to help ensure that the physical condition of the property satisfies ownership and management objectives.
- Resident work orders, such as repair of appliances, doors, locks, windows, lights, faucets, toilets, and floors.
- Ensure day to day cleanliness/curb appeal of the properties including, but not limited to, trash removal, cleaning of floors, windows, landscaping, etc.
- Performs site work orders, including but not limited to, changing light fixtures and light bulbs in hallways, shoveling snow, shampooing carpets, repairing doors, repairing dry wall, changing locks, and doing spring cleanup of the grounds.
- Performs preventive maintenance, following specific company instructions concerning how to complete work, Receives each day's assigned work from the Superintendent.
- Keeps the Superintendent informed as work assignments are finished and provides the status of assignments to the Superintendent at the end of each day.
- Performs including but not limited to, cleaning pumps, changing filters, flushing out hot water tanks, and taking amp readings.
- When required, responsible for being available to respond to emergencies, such as snowstorms, flood, and fire.
- Responsible for apartment turnovers, completing all work necessary to return vacated apartments to their original state, such as patching holes and flooring, re-hanging doors, and ensuring that locks, appliances, kitchens, and bathrooms are in acceptable condition.
- Completes apartment turnovers quickly and efficiently in order to satisfy rent schedules and avoid any loss of rental income.
- When so directed by the Superintendent, ensures that any outside contractors or Winn Management Company crews responsible for apartment turnovers are performing the required work in a timely and effective manner.
- Lifts and moves items as determined by the Superintendent.
- Receives training as needed with regard to the best methods of fulfilling his/her responsibilities, such as how to lift heavy items without being hurt, and how to make repairs while guarding against the possibility of viruses and hazardous waste.
- Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, visitors, and other employees.
- Wears the prescribed uniform at all times during working hours.
- Responsible for wearing his/her company identification at all times while at work.
- Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Superintendent or Property Manager.
- Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the Superintendent.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
- Ability to assess and troubleshoot typical residential housing issues
- Ability to thrive as part of a team or while working independently depending on the situation
- Basic knowledge of electrical
- Basic knowledge of plumbing
- Reliable transportation
- Experience in housing maintenance preferred
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com
WinnResidential - 11 months ago