Business Unit Overview
Exelon Power is responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining the company's fossil and hydroelectric fleet of generating assets. The current fleet has more than a dozen fossil and hydroelectric plants, consisting of 109 units capable of generating approximately 8,000 megawatts of electricity in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Illinois, Texas, and Massachusetts. Exelon Power's diverse generating portfolio enables the company to be competitive in the deregulated power market during the intermediate seasons and peak demand periods.
Locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Texas and Massachusetts
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position will be within the Maintenance Department and is responsible for performing all general mechanical maintenance on power plant equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner at the direction of Maintenance Management.
- Interpret and understand power plant prints.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams on major projects.
- Adheres to the conduct of maintenance and established maintenance standards and practices.
- Provide technical support to plant operations, maintenance staff and engineering.
- Verify/hold clearance orders.
- Perform alignment on all pumps.
- Perform fitting and welding tasks.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves and limitorque operators. (disassembly, part repair or replacement, assembly)
- Perform rigging using tools such as fork trucks, cranes and chain blocks.
- Perform verification checks on maintenance items covered in maintenance technician training.
- Perform insulation installation and removal.
- Plan work package planning when assigned.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology, Engineering Technology, or Electronics OR
- HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology
- Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job requirements for the position including previously passing the MASS test
- Available for overtime as required
- Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances
- Good oral and written communication skills
Position reports to Maintenance Supervisor. The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
PowerJobsDirect.com - 2 years ago
The City of Brotherly Love meets the Windy City and The Greatest City in America in utility and power generating holding company Exelon. The...