Performs general maintenance tasks in assigned area of responsibility.
· Performs general maintenance tasks for City buildings and facilities.
· Prepares, equipment, vehicles, and tools for work assignments.
· Assists other co-workers as assigned.
· Subject to be on call 24 hours for emergencies and respond as necessary for area of assigned responsibility.
· Assist in the repair of HVAC system, electrical systems, and roofing.
· Repair or replace parts and equipment as needed.
· Install and/or repair plumbing lines, parts and fixtures.
· Repair furniture as needed.
· Perform mechanical repairs on equipment, building systems, doors, security and fire systems, etc.
· Performs all other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required
6 months experience in a facilities maintenance environment
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge and skill in the proper use of hand and power tools required to perform facility maintenance.
· Knowledge of applying paints, chemicals, lubricants, and other materials used in maintenance work.
· Knowledge of safety practices to be observed in building maintenance activities.
· Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
· Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
· Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to repair or replace plumbing fixtures, lines, fittings, equipment and components.
· Skill use of mechanical-electrical/power tools, equipment, and machinery used in every day construction and equipment installation.
· Skill in use of bucket trucks and other indoor and outdoor lift equipment.
· Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, physical exam and functional capacity test.
· Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class “C” and good driving record as defined by City policy.