ALSTOM Grid – the leader in providing software and services to the Electric Utility Industry has an opening for aMaintenance Worker in its Waynesboro, GA location.
RMW Waynesboro is a manufacturer of high-voltage oil-filled instrument transformers for the power industry. A division of the Air Insulated Switchgear division of ALSTOM Grid, the unit currently employs 260 full time and temporary employees.
As a Maintenance Worker you will be responsible for electrical repairs, installations, performing equipment troubleshooting, equipment maintenance/repair and facilities maintenance in our manufacturing facility.
This position is responsible for:
- Ensuring that environmental, health and safety procedures are followed in the performance of all repairs on or within our facility.
- Must have a strong ability to troubleshoot electrical systems including completing installations and PLC controlled systems in order to determine root-cause of fault. Upon discovery of root-cause. must have the ability to quickly develop an immediate and permanent solution to resolve the issue.
- Primary responsibility is working with and resolving electrical issues encountered within our production processes/facility.
- Must be able to work with a team of maintenance technicians and/or contractors assigned to perform repairs on facilities or production equipment. Ensures that all repairs are performed in a safe manner which maximizes time available for critical production equipment.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this
opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM Grid recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
- High school graduate with electrical certificate and 5-7 years industrial electrical experience OR
- 2 year degree in industrial maintenance 5 years in industrial electrical experience
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM Grid today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Alstom is a worldwide leader in power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world. It provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind. It offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,000 people in more than 70 countries and had sales of over €23 billion in 2009/10 (pro forma figures).
About ALSTOM Grid
Alstom Grid, the newest sector of Alstom, has over 100 years of expertise in electrical grids. Whether for utilities or electro-intensive industries or facilitating the trading of electricity, Alstom Grid brings power to their customers’ projects.
Alstom Grid ranks among the top 3 in electrical transmission sector with a sales turnover of approximately €3.5 billion in 2009. It has 20,000 employees and over 90 manufacturing and engineering sites worldwide. Its four main business areas are Products, Systems, Automation and Service. At the heart of the development of Smart Grid, Alstom Grid offers products, services and integrated energy management solutions across the full energy value chain—from power generation, through transmission and distribution grids and to the large end users.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alstom is a Drug free Workplace
Production & Supply