Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Argosy Casino Alton is currently looking for a Maintenance Worker to join the team.
Your daily responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Effectively respond to supervisor’s requests in all areas of customer interaction and customer concerns.
- Repair and install electrical systems: repair heaters, light switches, and outlets; wire panels, transformers, and light fixtures, etc.
- Perform general preventive maintenance; change filters, lubricate mechanical parts, clean ice machines, change light bulbs, etc.
- Perform general carpentry work; frame walls, hang drywall, build shelves, lay carpet, etc.
- Maintain HVAC system; repair and clean units, change filters, lubricate parts.
- Perform locksmithing tasks; repair locks, door handles, and door closers; install new door equipment; cut keys.
- Perform miscellaneous other maintenance tasks; welding, painting, furniture repair, landscaping, small engine repair, snow removal, etc.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, parking lots, stairs, ramp ways, exits, barge facilities, restaurant facilities.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machines.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Set up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or spin metal parts.
- Handles all general maintenance needs related to landing and off site offices.
- Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal job descriptions where, in the company’s judgment, it is necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or improved guest service.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to pass HVAC Certification test. Must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s good to be PENN! ”
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 15 months ago
- 29 days ago
Extra Help, Inc.
Extra Help, Inc.
- 6 days ago
St. Louis, MO
- 4 hours ago
Argosy Casino Alton continues to be a positive influence on Alton and the surrounding community. In the last 5 years Argosy Casino Alton has...