Directly responsible to the Administrator for the condition and operation of the physical plant and appearance of the grounds.
Essential Job Functions:
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable)
Minimum Job Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Maintains the building in good repair and ensures that we are in compliance with Life Safety Code.
- Completes all minor repairs and maintains maintenance log agenda on a monthly basis.
- Ensures maintenance of vehicles and ensures that vehicles are inspected as needed.
- Maintains mechanical equipment including but not limited to generator, electrical equipment, HVAC, plumbing, etc.
- Keeps-up interior/exterior of the building as needed to ensure cleanliness and maintenance.
- Removes ice/snow and salts as needed.
High school graduate or its equivalent. Trade school or vocational school or its equivalent. Two years experience in maintenance work at a similar facility.
Five years' experience and/or education in building systems, repair work. Plus demonstrate a high skill level in one or more specific area of facility maintenance.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
Valid drivers license and good driving record as defined by Bethesda.
Able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces on equipment, able to lift and install motors on machinery.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behavior)
Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, etc. Capable of purchasing necessary equipment and supplies. Pleasing personality and know how to handle people; safety conscious; able to work with and around persons who are developmentaly disabled. Able to operate machinery (e.g., tractor).
Bethesda Lutheran Communities - 21 months ago