The maintenance worker position will work daily to assist the full time staff in maintaining and cleaning the municipal cemeteries. The position is seasonal (May–October) and limited to a maximum of 1000 hours in a 12 month period. Duties will include operating commercial line trimmers (weed-eaters), removing limbs, debris, trash, and old flowers from graves, planting, mulching, weeding flower beds, watering areas of grass, shrubs, and occasionally assist with burials and operating commercial mowers within the City’s four municipal cemeteries. This position is limited to a total of 40 hours per week. If required to work on the weekend, the employee in this position will be given time off during the week to compensate. Working conditions will include extreme heat, bending, squatting, prolong standing and the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
The job is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA.
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience working with landscape and/or mowing equipment (indicate on application)
- Valid means of contact is required (cell phone, home phone etc.)
Special Notes Concerning This Position:
- Pesticide License (indicate on application)
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) (indicate on application)
City of Greensboro, NC - 21 months ago