The primary function of the PALS Maintenance Worker is to perform general maintenance tasks in area of assigned responsibility. Weekends and overtime as required.
· Landscape and facilities maintenance including, but not limited to, mowing, weed eating, and edging.
· Performs trash pick-up and playground maintenance in assigned area of responsibility.
· Performs vehicle, equipment, and tool maintenance for work assignments.
· Performs repair work such as general carpentry, electrical, and plumbing/irrigation.
· Supports other divisions with special events and projects as needed.
· Performs all other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required
0-6 months experience in a related field.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of landscape maintenance procedures.
· Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
· Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
· Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to take and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to communicate with supervisors and peers.
· Must possess and exhibit the skills necessary to operate assigned tools and equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, physical exam and functional capacity test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class “C” and good driving record as defined by City policy.
City of Lewisville, TX - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard