Experienced person to plan and perform a wide variety of maintenance, repair and installation duties involving mill wright, machinist, mechanic, plumbing and electrical fields. Able to perform under direction of crewleader as necessary. Maintenance, repair and service duties on plant equipment. Expected to perform these duties with minimum direct supervision and may, as needed, direct the work of lesser skilled maintenance people in carrying out their duties. Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work in a team-based environment
* Conduct preventative maintenance duties
* Troubleshoot electrical problems at the facility
* Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
* Assist in the set up and maintenance of equipment
* Ensure compliance with appropriate external regulations and internal maintenance policies and procedures
* Perform equipment repair and other facility project work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of his/her outline duties satisfactorily. The crewleader and/or the Plant Engineer will certify through experience and/or training that the individual has met the requirements for the position.
Licensed Electrician an asset
Fabrication and welding experience
Mechanical installation and repair of industrial equipment
Training in Lean Manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
(CMMS) an asset
Knowledge of Property Maintenance would also be beneficial
Specific Additional Training: Specialized training recommended/required by the Crewleader/Plant Engineer. Specialized training required by the Safety Director, to include Lock Out/Tag Out, Forklift Licensing, PPE, Confined Space, Hot Work Permits and any other specific training deemed necessary.
Associate's degree or equal experience in this field.
Columbia Forest Products - 18 months ago
Columbia Forest Products is North America's largest manufacturer of hardwood plywood and hardwood veneer, a long-standing leader in...