Maintenance Specialist – |
HRA Bronx Scatter Site Housing, Bronx, NY
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
: The ongoing, timely, responsible maintenance of physical plant is a vital component in assuring the success of Comunilife’s housing programs. By living in well-maintained and clean apartments and buildings, our program residents learn that their living environment is vitally important to us, and that their concerns about that environment will be heard and addressed. As a result, they are similarly motivated to treat their surroundings with care and respect.
Responsibilities: The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for the overall cleanliness, repair, and safety of our congregate, supported and transitional housing, scatter site programs and office spaces. In particular, s/he is responsible for:
- Moving client furniture and personal effects as required.
- General mechanical repairs.
- Apartment heating and cooling systems.
- Painting and minor construction tasks (e.g., dry walling, patching and plugging holes).
- Attending to grounds; including snow and debris removal.
- Light plumbing (e.g., unclogging drains, replacing washers, plugging leaks).
- Light electrical repairs including changing bulbs and replacing switches.
- Lock replacement and repair.
- Tile and wood floor replacement, as needed.
- Carpentry including interior renovations and ductwork.
- Routine cleaning of floors, bathrooms and common areas.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
- A high school diploma or GED or the equivalent; and the ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- At least one-year of general maintenance experience – with specific experience in carrying out the above functions, and in using a full range of appropriate power tools.
- Clean driver’s license.
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with City regulations regarding garbage collection, snow removal, and street cleanliness.
- The ability to keep accurate inventory of supplies by tracking usage and re-ordering through administrative personnel.
- The ability to work harmoniously with staff at all levels and clients.
- The capacity to lift at least 50 lbs and to climb stairs and ladders frequently.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.
Comunilife - 22 months ago