Set up, adjust and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality on this equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Client accounting policies and financial control procedures.
• Participates in mill-wide safety, housekeeping, and Lean Manufacturing programs.
• Analyzes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, lubricant and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
• Install and repair equipment, piping and machinery according to blueprints, drawings, manufacturer manuals and specifications.
• Has knowledge and experience to use available tools and measuring/test equipment to install, repair and maintain equipment and machinery: hand tools, power tools, lift trucks, cranes, hoists, etc.
• Makes preventative maintenance checks, lubrication and inspection rounds of assigned equipment. Takes appropriate actions and reports findings to supervisor.
• Uses available CMMS maintenance software (MegaMation) to access work orders and safety documents, initiate work orders, close work orders after enter closing comments after completing task.
• Qualified welder (MIG, TIG, ARC, oxyacetylene, brazing/soldering, failure analysis, etc.)
• Fabricate piping systems from basic flow diagrams or sketches.
• Notifies maintenance supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
• Ensures a safe and healthy workplace environment.
• Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Client Conduct Policy required.
• May oil and grease equipment in absence of oiler.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience.
• Demonstrate troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge and ability to work safe in a team environment.
• Possess clear oral and written communication skills
• Have exceptional judgment, ability, initiative, and aptitude in the carrying out of assignments with minimal direct supervision.
• Willingness to work weekends and call-in rotations on 24 hour/7-days per week operations.
POSITION IS LOCATED IN AUSTELL, GA.
Must be able to pass Background Check and Drug Screen. Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace Interested candidates: Please apply online at www.dekalbworkforce.org. Click Current Job Listings to register and submit your resume.
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*
DeKalb Workforce Development - 11 months ago