The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is with the Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation; Business Operations Division; Lodging.
Flexible positions will normally be scheduled 0-40 hours per week dependent upon the needs of the organization. There is no set guaranteed number of hours for flexible positions.
Schedule will include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Works alone or in a group performing a variety of tasks involving the maintenance and repair of recreational grounds, buildings and structures, and appurtenant fixtures. Duties require the use of trade practices associated with carpentry and painting as well as work involving motor vehicle operations. Assignments include the performance of work on a level of difficulty and responsibility as described below:
1. Carpentry: Measures, cuts, constructs and/or repairs wood, composite building materials, and wood substitute items where specific fit and accuracy are required within allowable limits to produce a serviceable product. Uses such tools as hammers, chisels, handsaws, planes, screwdrivers, and glue guns, power saws/sanders/drills to build partitions, chair rails, baseboards and shelving. Installs paneling, sheet rock, and ceilings. Re-
frames windows, hangs doors, replace broken boards, and lay tile floors. 2. Painting: Prepare surfaces and applies paints, varnishes, and shellacs to newly installed lumber and existing building materials. Thins, stirs and mixes paints and other coating materials. Applies materials using brushes, rollers, and spray guns ensuring surfaces are fully coated and free from skips, runs, and drips.
3. Electrical/Plumbing: As needed, replaces worn or broken wall switches and outlets. Replaces ceiling light and/or burned out bulbs. Repairs faucets, resets toilets, and lavatories. Performs other easily accomplished repairs.
4. Laborer: Loads and unloads heavy boxes, bulky supplies, and materials to and from trucks, dollies, etc.; moves heavy boxes/cartons by hand or dolly; opens crates and boxes using crowbar, cuts bands using shears; stacks boxes and cartons as directed. Moves and arranges furniture. Shovels snow from sidewalks and path.
5. Vehicle Operation: May be required to drive vehicles up to and including a 5-ton truck to move furniture, etc., to various buildings on the installation.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Skill and Knowledge:
Must have a working knowledge of wood working techniques and basic shop mathematics. Must be skilled in use and operation of common hand and power tools and measuring devices of the carpentry and painting trades to perform a variety of tasks. Must have a knowledge of standard surface preparation and coating methods and techniques. Must have ability to read and follow basic blueprints and sketches. Must have skill in manipulating controls of a motor vehicle.
A higher graded employee or supervisor assigns work orally or through written instructions. The worker selects tools, decides on methods and techniques to use and carries out assignments that are spot-checked during progress. Supervisor checks completed projects to insure compliance with requirements.
The worker makes repairs and installations from floor level, ground level, and from ladders. Work requires standing, stooping, bending, climbing, crawling, and kneeling for extended periods in uncomfortable positions. Worker may lift and move materials weighing up to 40 pounds and, occasionally heavier items with assistance.
Ability to communicate in English at a level to assure the duties described can be accomplished in a safe and satisfactory manner. Demonstrated skills in successfully operating standard tools. Experience in accomplishing the types of duties described in this job.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background checks of AR 215-3, to include a National Agency Check (NACI). A health assessment is required. Possession of a valid driver's license to operate assigned government vehicles. The employee must maintain a current drivers license while in this job.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
This position is a Flexible position and there are no benefit entitlements.
This announcement does not apply to specific vacancies but will establish a register of qualified candidates as vacancies become available. Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...