Fort Irwin is a world class training center for America's Soldiers. Fort Irwin is located approximately 37 miles NE of Barstow, California, in the High Mojave Desert midway between Las Vegas, Nevada, and Los Angeles, California. http://www.irwin.army.mil
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Inspects and analyzes refrigeration equipment; tests and sets pressure controls. Diagnoses malfunctioning electric fixtures and completes needed repairs. May install and maintain electronic and electromechanical cash registers and peripheral equipment.
May prepare and paint equipment, fixtures, furnishings and buildings; hang wall paper; install and repair water, sewer and gas fixtures; and cut, bend and fit pipes and fittings.
Prepares cost estimates for completion of a job. May operate a motor vehicle to transport material and personnel.
Broad knowledge of and skill in maintenance methods and techniques for trades applicable to the nature of assignments. Skill in the use of various hand and power tools used. Skill in the use of electrical test equipment.
Applicants may be required to:
1. Lift and carry ladders, scaffolds and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
2. Possess skill in tile use of power tools used to complete projects.
3. Have demonstrated ability to use electrical test equipment.
4. Possess math skills necessary to measure, fit and cost materials used.
5. Possess valid motor vehicle operator's permit.
Responsibility: Follows instructions and existing work practices in the trades involved. Selects tools, equipments and materials for each assignment. Assignments are spot checked during their progress.
Physical Effort: Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing over 50 pounds. Works is uncomfortable positions.
Working Conditions: Exposure to dirt, dust, grease, disagreeable odors. May be required to wear protective equipment.
Conditions of employment:
1. A six-month probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Possess and maintain valid drivers' license.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
8. Pre-employment physical may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Knowledge and skill in motor vehicle operations, Safety and security measures; and Oral communication skills.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders. PCS orders must be submitted with the resume in order to be eligible for Spouse Employment Preference (SEP).
DD-214 must be submitted with the resume in order to be eligible for Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP).
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...