The Maintenance Worker must demonstrate entry-level knowledge of basic building maintenance and some trade support, i.e., basic electrical, plumbing, maintenance, masonry, custodial, carpentry, painting, doors, HVAC systems, gates, roofs, golf carts, etc. The position provides services for single or multiple locations within a District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Custodial – Approximately 50%
- Ensures that company standards of cleanliness and appearance are met or exceeded in offices, restrooms, exterior areas, company units, hallways, etc.
- Cleans vacated units on a timely basis (reviews units to ensure that doors, latches, and alarms are functional)
- Makes pest control inspections and takes appropriate actions
- Ensures that the safe handling and storage of chemicals and cleaners used in performing duties is in compliance with safety standards
- Maintenance – Approximately 50%
- Monitors the physical condition of the facility and reports maintenance requirements and potential equipment failures to the Store Manager
- Performs minor nonstructural carpentry repairs and replacements on doors, fences, and buildings as required. May also do minor plumbing and electrical repairs not required to be performed by a licensed contractor
- Performs preventive maintenance work on HVAC equipment, gates, etc.
- Performs touch up painting and landscape maintenance on property
- Performs nonstructural unit conversions as directed
- Makes daily scheduled visits to sites for various tasks as directed
- Completes assigned tasks and meets quality, time, and financial constraints
- Performs all work using safe work practices and in accordance with policies
- Ensures the facility has sufficient supplies on hand to fulfill job duties
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of site management that includes customer service skills and daily operational knowledge
- Performs other duties as assigned; works with minimum direct supervision; operates effectively on a team
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ESMI seeks employees that have pro-active, “can-do” mentalities, positive attitudes, and operate with integrity. Employment with ESMI is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening. Employees must have a current driver’s license* and must be able to travel to a number of properties .
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: A High School diploma/GED equivalent and three to six months of related experience and/or training is required. Certifications or trade cards are helpful but not required.
Language Skills: Incumbent must have the ability to write simple reports, use a computer, and present information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in English. Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and procedural manuals, and maintenance instructions in English is required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems, new challenges and change is necessary.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to be able to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and to smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Regular attendance at the assigned location is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and there is a risk of electrical shock, or vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can occasionally be loud. Specific job duties affected by the environment include using a variety of power tools, moving machinery and parts, elevator shafts, all duties associated with broad-based full maintenance of sites, etc.
$10.02 - $15.23
Extra Space Storage® Inc. (NYSE: EXR) is a real estate investment trust based in Salt Lake City, Utah with regional offices in...