The Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds of all Global TPA LLC’s properties in the Tampa area as directed by the Supervisor. Performs preventative, routine and scheduled maintenance in an effective and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintenance duties include, but are not limited to, weekly light bulb/ballast replacement and recycling, furniture repair, external property and warehouse clean-up, monthly scheduled filter changing/vent cleaning, and moving staff/equipment to new locations.
- Evaluates and recommends to Supervisor when licensed contractor/specialized expertise is needed for repair work.
- Responsible for emptying shred bins weekly containing confidential information and preparing for scheduled pick-up by Vendor.
- Assists with renovations and remodeling in areas of assembly and material removal.
- Makes required purchases of supplies/equipment/tools using the Company credit card; keeps track of receipts for items purchased with credit card or petty cash for each job/location, notating on each receipt the office location.
- Responsible for securing all maintenance equipment/tools.
- Coordinates with Supervisor and the OTC Department regarding corrugated box recycling.
- Provides daily updates of work completed for the day to the Supervisor.
- May contact vendors for pricing and supply needs as directed.
- Takes inventory of janitorial/warehouse supplies weekly and turns in supply list to supervisor.
- As needed, uses personal truck and/or rented moving vehicles for transportation between offices and for delivery/pick-up of furniture and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; minimum of one year experience as a maintenance worker; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to: work from designated office for collaborative/interactive fulfillment of duties; concentrate in an open-office “cubicle” environment; appropriately and directly interact with other staff members and/or outside associates; perform telephone and/or computer work for extended periods of time; operate office equipment such as computer, telephone, and copy/scan/fax machine; attend and participate in meetings via phone, computer, or in person.
Ability to read and interpret documents/manuals. Good oral and written communication skills including good grammar, voice and diction. Knowledgeable of all safety standards and procedures of performing assigned work; understands and implements proper techniques for lifting and/or moving light, medium and heavy weight objects. Clean driving record. Ability to manage time to successfully complete tasks by deadlines. Skill in using hand tools (hammer, screwdrivers, ladders, painting equipment, etc.). Basic knowledge of carpentry. Skill in maintaining positive work relationships. Basic mathematics skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals).
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION: Valid Florida driver’s license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach with hands and arms, sit, and balance.
The employee frequently is required to manipulate or use objects, equipment, tools, and/or controls.
May require specific vision abilities to perform this job.
Ability to lift and/or move heavy objects; use of a dolly when needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Attendance at employer worksite is an essential job requirement.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud if using power tools.
Ambient room temperatures and lighting for indoor work. Exposure to weather elements when working outside or traveling.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Freedom Health - 20 months ago