TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY. A RESUME DOES NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ONLINE APPLICATION OR ANY OF ITS PARTS.
General Summary :
This position is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all warehouse equipment, chargers, batteries, pallet jacks and fork lifts, warehouse racking, and to assist with other special projects.
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read, analyze procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion
- Forklift certification and or ability to be trained and certified to operate all warehouse equipment
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to safety and customer relations.
Essential Duties :
- Assist in P.M. program for facility and equipment
- Assist in repairs to the facility
- Maintain a proper Preventive Maintenance Program for all warehouse equipment
- Repair or rebuild equipment as quickly and economically as possible while maintaining quality
- Maintain parts inventory to reduce equipment down time and assist with ordering necessary parts
- Perform battery maintenance and charging
- Repair racking and install angle-iron or rack guards when needed
- Record time and parts used on machinery
- General Maintenance Projects as assigned
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Possess CDL license - Class A
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment screening (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience in foodservice industry
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Orientation
- Managing Work
FreshPoint - 18 months ago
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...