Performs skilled maintenance, repair and construction work in the completion of various activities. Responsibilities include performing unskilled, semi-skilled, and skilled maintenance work related to the various departments. Perform routine assignments to different departments on an as needed basis, when assigned to do so.
1. Perform carpentry duties: install, repair, replace windows and doors, install and repair paneling and drywall, build pallets, bins, concrete forms, stairways, trusses, rafters, scaffolding, siding and roofing.
2. Perform plumbing duties: repair or replace faucets, washers, faucet stems, seats, traps, tail pieces, drain traps, leaks, drain pipes, unclog drain pipes, clear clogged drain lines, install valves and sinks.
3. Perform painting duties: prepare white wash, mix different colors of paint, paint interior and exterior trim, use paint thinner, solvents and conditioners, paint walls and ceilings, prepare surfaces for priming and tainting.
4. Perform masonry duties: mix and pour concrete for steps, slabs, footings, repair ceramic tile walls and floors, patch cracks in concrete walls and floors, finish new concrete surfaces using trowels and floats.
5. Perform electrical duties: install and repair switches, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, light fixtures, receptacles and fuses.
6. Meet the requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required duties.
7. Safe work procedures necessary to protect the employee, fellow workers and the public.
8. Work with all supervisors and perform duties as assigned.
9. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. To develop the abilities necessary for the basic operation and maintenance of light and heavy equipment.
2. To work independently in the absence of supervision.
3. Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contracted in the performance of required duties.
4. To properly operate a variety of light and heavy equipment as assigned.
5. To perform work in all environmental conditions.
6. To work with all supervisors and perform duties as assigned.
1. Necessary for the use, function, operating characteristics, maintenance requirements and basic repair of a variety of maintenance and construction equipment used in repair and construction projects.
2. Of methods, materials, and practices utilized in public works maintenance and construction projects.
3. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
4. In the use of standard equipment and hand tools.
1. Keep records.
2. In the performance of all maintenance duties.
3. In the various tools needed to complete jobs.
1. Some exposure to water, chemicals, hazardous materials and noise; heavy lifting/moving, standing, and climbing. May work at heights, in confined spaces, and in inclement weather conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. The ability to read, write and communicate at a level sufficient to carry out assigned duties.
3. Minimum of one year experience in the general field, including the operations of light or heavy equipment.