Hire In Rate:
(for employees new to HHC)
Source of Funding:
Civil Service Classification:
Return to Previous Page
Harlem Hospital Center has been a bedrock of the Harlem community since 1887. The hospital provides a wide range of medical, surgical, diagnostic, therapeutic and family support services to the residents of Central Harlem, West Harlem, Washington Heights and Inwood. Harlem is the largest hospital in the area, capable of treating the most seriously ill. Harlem provides over 90 specialized ambulatory care services, dentistry and oral surgery, behavioral health services, and community substance abuse treatment.
1. Maintains, adjusts and makes minor repairs of building hardware, furniture, shelving and equipment.
2. Replaces broken window and door glass.
3. Repairs windows and sash.
4. Makes minor repairs to masonry, woodwork, flooring and walls.
5. Makes minor repairs to building electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
6. Assists in relocating building equipment as directed.
7. Keeps records.
EVENING AND/OR WEEKEND ROTATION MAY BE REQUIRED
1. Three years of full-time, satisfactory experience as a mechanic, journeyperson or helper in the electrical trades, the mechanical trades or the construction or maintenance of buildings; or,
2. Not less than two years of such experience, plus sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade or Vocational High School to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of approved trade or vocational school; or,
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to (1) or (2). However, all candidates must have at least two years of experience as specified in (1).
New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job