Summary : The position is responsible for maintaining the sanitary living environment of the interior and exterior building, performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks and responding to emergency building operation issues at Heartland Housing residential facilities. The employee in this position at a residential facility may be required to remain on Agency premises during break and or meal periods. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Coordination and performance of scheduled maintenance to systems.
- Maintains a decent, safe and sanitary living environment in the building
- Responsible for the upkeep of the mechanical systems of Heartland Housing
-Coordination and performance of emergency maintenance to systems
- Maintains records, prepares reports, including but not limited to:
-Log of Maintenance request and work orders
-Maintenance and cleaning supplies inventory
-other records and reports as assigned and required
- Performs daily routine janitorial functions, exterior and interior
- Appropriation of supplies and furniture
- Performs monthly and necessary scheduled inspections of apartments and buildings
- Adheres to and performs duties specified on a janitorial programming chart
- Orientation for residents on apartment appliances, fixtures and other items as required
- Clean, adjust and monitor heating systems as required
- Assist residents who have lost their keys or otherwise locked out
- Attend required meetings
- Attend required training programs
- Prepares vacant units, including painting, carpeting, cleaning, interior window washing and minor repairs
- Assists in scheduling and monitoring repairs of outside contractors
- Reports hazardous or emergency conditions and identifies maintenance and repair needs
- Responds to emergency situations, with authority to identify and implement solutions based upon perceived risk to resident’s safety or property’s financial loss
- Assists management in supervision of 24 hour front desk services
- Performs preventive maintenance
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma, one year technical training, and three years experience or 5 years of relevant experience.
- A criminal background check is required for employees working for Heartland Housing property management.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
Heartland Alliance - 16 months ago